Thursday, August 09, 2007

 

Extra! Extra! Read about how I'm pretty awesome!

I like my job. A lot. Everyday I think about how much I didn't like that other job that I had and how I am so much more significantly happy at this job.

Better than that, my job likes me. I was hired to my hospital unit over two years ago -- before even starting nursing school. They felt I was a "sure thing", gave me lots of money and I signed away the next few years of my life to work there. Cha. Like I wouldn't be working there anyway. The lady who has been orchestrating this since 2005 in HR and I have developed a friendly relationship. We both drive 10+ year old Volvos with illuminated dashboard lights of some sort -- burned out bulb, check engine, service -- you know, the usual -- it's a good place to build a commonality, man.

Anyway, it would appear that this HR lady does a once-monthly piece for the Health Section of the Washington Post highlighting the awesome things going on at my awesome juggernaut-of-health-care-hospital. And she asked me to contribute this month. It's cheesy, it's saccharin sweet, (it's true..) but man, it's me on the cover of the Health Section of the Washington Post discussing my otherwise uninteresting reasons for choosing health care as my second career. (Me and a few others' reasons, I think, but let's just focus on me, shall we?) Sunday's paper man. Pick it up. If for nothing else, there's coupons in there.

Holy crap, I love my job.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?