Friday, May 25, 2007

 

My graduation-trip to Orlando. By Cathy Laws.

Nothing clever or smart to say about it. We went to Universal Studios, Orlando. We had an awesome time. I recommend it to my friends. Even my enemies -- they should have a good time too sometimes. It is way better and way funner (it even demands that I use bad grammar like "funner") than Disney, and if I may be an adult here -- more for your money.

We went. We rode coasters. We hob-nobbed with fictitious characters. We ate funnel cake. We took funny pictures (Disclaimer: well, we thought they were funny).

Yeah, that's me hanging out with the X-Men. I actually made the Betrothed stand around for their photo time appearances, waited in line with children and then proudly walked up and made like I was a super hero for a second. In hindsight, I wished I had posed with a little more "save the day" gusto.

This was us on the Universal Studios' answer to the Teacup ride. This was prior to spinning. Hence the look of well situated stomach contents and newness of sunblock application.

My favorite Seuss story is that of the Star-Bellied Sneeches. In addition to a ride dedicated to the "I'm okay, you're okay" ideals of the story, which I rode twice with twice the glee of the 5 year olds behind me, they had a small sandy area where a few plaster sneeches sat out catching melanoma. Though I'm guessing the chemical balance of that water might have taken the stars off their bellies without the use of the Sylvester McMonkey McBean or their 10$.


I dunno. The Betrothed looks good with that Arabian Nights background. Plus, the sign behind him that you can't read says "Lucky Monkey" and points down. Ain't he, though?

A painful chapter of my youth was when my family -- I believe my sister -- made the suggestion that my laugh (surely, you know me, you must be familiar with its ear shattering, cackling qualities) was like that of Senor Woodpecker's. When that got into the hands of my dastardly brother, it wasn't long until all of my 4th grade comrades were mocking me with the same. I am still recovering. I have harbored a secret loathe and dislike for the character since. I aimed to make peace with him on this trip. Mocking him seemed like the best way to start down that road.

The Seuss-o-sel. Again with the elbowing of young children for the best steed.

I have seen The Mummy countless times. I have ridden this ride 21 times. It is awesome. They stage these stilted mummy men outside to creep out the guests and keep line wait times low, I think. I think he's about to steal my soul through my ears. Sweet.

Just an innocent slushie and time check. We were pretty much those assholes in the park waiting and snickering behind hordes of tourists taking legitimate pictures so that we could take these for our own (and ha, your) amusement.

See, I can let bygones be bygones. Woody and I have reached an unspoken understanding.

The Betrothed checks his time against Jaws' tonsils. Crap, we're so funny.

From what I understand, I could use a few of these detonating in my life.

They can, Sweetheart. They can.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?