Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

Sock it to me.

I'm good at a lot of things. One of which appears to be recovering gracefully (I use the word loosely. If "gracefully" means that I've just become accustomed to laughing at myself, then yes, it's fitting here.) from the daily onslaughts of embarrassing situations that I find myself in.

This morning as I prepared to exit the house, I appreciated the fine, fine weather that appeared to be the pleasant harbinger of the spring to come. I put away the heavy coat in hand and instead reached for the airy windbreaker (proudly emblazoned with the Betrothed's employer from last summer's company trip to Canada. 300 employees beset this poor little town with matching windbreakers -- but hey, it's a quality jacket nonetheless.).

I drove to school (I know, and here I told you all I was done on campus. For good. And then they make me go back for a 30 minute refresher on the hospital computer system. ). I parked. I walked the normal distance from a college parking lot to the college classroom. I stopped and talked to friends. I made my way to class. Sat there. Then left. I went to the nursing office to pick up some forms.

And it was then that I noticed someone was tugging on the back of my jacket. I turned around to see one of my fellow students pulling something off the velcro air-flap on the back of my jacket. Ahh, clearly some fuzz that accumulates mystically on velcro things. Yeah. No. In a flutter of giggles, the student hands me one of the Betrothed's brown socks. Which had been stuck on the back of my jacket. All day. All over campus. A sock. His sock. Inexplicably living on the back of my jacket in the coat closet for, presumably, months -- and making its big debut on my back all the way across campus today.

That dastardly jacket is seen here -- with all of its clones all around. It's still a quality jacket. Awesome. Glad his underwear isn't as like minded. I may not have been able to laugh that off as well. It's clear that his laundry is out to get me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?