Thursday, March 22, 2007

 

Now I know how Britney felt.

I've been bamboozled by Kevin Federline!

You'll please remember that two days ago I alerted the powers-that-be at Kevin Federline's new search engine about a simple, yet glaring typo on the front page. It was a sweet email. Kind in its way of gently reminding them of what Mrs. <insert elementary school teacher name here> taught them so diligently all those years ago. Kind, like the reassuring hand of a mother guiding her young to righteousness and prosperity.

And those fuckers bamboozled me. They made the change alright -- but they failed to A) email me in response, hell, any response, to my sharp, sharp eye. or B) award me a prize. Either would have been acceptable, though B would have been preferable. I mean seriously. Who doesn't like prizes?!

Based on my general impressions of the American population's grasp of basic English grammar, I can't imagine that they would have been beset with all that many emails, similar to my own, about their all-too-common typo. So I felt it only fitting that they hear from me one final time. And no, I have no shame when it comes to outright asking for verbal appreciation and/or (preferably) prizes.

Dear Sirs:

I am delighted that you have made the appropriate corrections to Mr. Federline's website. However, I feel that your lack of acknowledgment of my grammatical prowess a little offensive. Does this not in the least warrant even a "thank you" email? Would you have preferred that I remained unknown to you and left such a garish error on Mr. Federline's site such that others might regard him as less intelligent?

Instead of making funny jokes about Mr. Federline (who, let's face it, has been a fairly easy target these days) amongst ourselves, on our blogs, on MySpace, myself and some pals, graduates of accredited four year institutions of higher learning, decided to help a brutha out and bring your kind attention to the typo.

Perhaps I could still beseech you for a small prize of some sort? Com'on, you must have loads sitting around your workspace. Some small recognition in the form of a thank you email or some other such Kevin Federline paraphernalia.

Seriously. My feelings were hurt.
All the best and with English grammar love,
Cathy Laws

Comments:
LOL. Oh my. Good for you! The Grammar Police need a little bit of recognition!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?