Friday, February 02, 2007

 

I'm a WINNER

Seriously, I am. And it's monumental! I never win. As in, EVER. I don't win drawings, raffles or door prizes. I don't win with the little "Keep This Coupon" tickets. If my name were the only one in a hat, a strong wind would carry it out of the hat and they'd donate the prize to charity. I don't win on scratch tickets or the lottery. I don't win video games or free lunches.

This is, of course, not to imply that I'm a looser. I most certainly am not. I just don't win (unless we're talking board games. That's a whole different kind of winning. ).

Until today. My gym has a drawing every other week. Each time you come in for a workout, you can enter your name in the drawing. I've been doing this since August 2005. And I haven't won. UNTIL TODAY. When I casually looked up at the board with the drawing winner and it said: Cathy Laws. My breath literally caught in my throat and I actually vocalized the phrase, "ME?! I won?"

I've had perma-grin on my face since I left. Maybe God's throwing be a bone or maybe my luck is changing?

And what of my tremendous win? It's a purple insulated, zippered lunch bag. It's totally sweet. It even had a little pocket on the front to put STUFF in. I'm delirious with ideas of what I"ll be packing for lunch now.

I feel like placing it in the front window as if it were a leg-lamp.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?