Sunday, February 18, 2007
Hubbas for your trubbas, part 2
- Costco sells caskets (and urns). But only online. And you don't have to buy them in bulk. I think that when you're faced with the untimely death of a loved one, the best thing to do is try to cost-cut the casket. They even ship overnight.
- The phrase "teach them the ropes" comes from Tudor England when the British sailors would teach the newbies how to manage themselves in the rigging without falling to their bloody (ha!) deaths.
- A blue whale's heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. And its arteries are so large a two year old could easily crawl through them. But, I mean, really, who'd let their two year old just crawl through the arteries of a whale?!
- Keeping in the maritime theme, dolphins may be the only other species (next to humans) that rape each other. In fact, sometimes, it has been reported, that dolphins have attempted to rape humans.
- When intravenous drug users run out of "sites" to inject or else are trying to hide their habit, it is not at all uncommon for them to inject their "stuff" into their "stuff". Yes, I said it. Into their.. ahem, hoohas. It would be at that point that I'd have to reconsider my whole drug habit. Maybe it's time for rehab.
- Humor indicates intelligence. According to an expert, it takes more intelligence to encounter a situation and be immediately able to make a conclusion or inference (the funny) about that situation. People who don't understand or "get" the inference aren't as intelligent because they can't see and understand the path to that inference. And really, that makes it even funnier.