Friday, December 22, 2006

 

I...played... HARDBALL

Could you imagine that during my one shot to appear (even momentarily) on national TV I chose to set & forget the Tivo? {to catch all the lollygaggers up -- Hardball with Chris Matthews did a taping a week ago at George Mason (my newest alma-ma). I was there. I touched the Matthews, etc.} Though generally uneventful I sensed that at one point I was being particuarly singled out by the camera man and filmed -- thinking that it would either be a clip to be played at MSNBC Christmas parties for years to come where I was mercilessly mocked in absentia or else just my national television debut as a gum chomping tool with a funny expression.

I admittedly watched 5 minutes of the end of the taping and quickly exhausted the patience of the Betrothed with my frequent, "Hey! See that blurry head? My head is the really blurry head just behind it that you can see for just a sec... oh, let me rewind, you have to look really fast! See, that's me! I'm on TV!" moments.

When I decided to spend some more decided quality time with my Tivo today I discovered that I made my MSNBC debut around minute 35 for a solid 4-5 seconds (which is an audience-scanning eternity!). I appear, close-up, thoughtfully clapping with a pleased, pensive, yet easy-going smile on my face. It's really complicated, actually. I was really trying to express more political-edginess with a touch of more mature, subdued applause. I hope it came across. Of course, the Betrothed saw little of the clip and more of me jumping off the couch screaming, "HOLY SHIT, I'M ON HARDBALL!"

If you need to touch my arm or beg for an autograph I'll be in my bathroom pretending it's a dressing room. Oh, and if you missed all of the taping, be assured that I shall treasure that morsel of Hardball-goodness forever. You can come share in the grandeur.

For those sad moments when the world gets me down, I'll have that 4-5 second image of myself clapping on Hardball to cheer myself up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?