Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

It's that time of year...

No, it really isn't. Not yet anyway.

I have always been a firm believe and a staunch hold-out that all things Christmas should be kept together and released only after the successful completion of Thanksgiving. Why must we start the Christmas season in October? Before we know it, "Christmas in July" will be more real than we think.

Prior to Thanksgiving, I don't watch Christmas movies. I boycot Christmas music. I roll my eyes at Christmas mall decorations. I turn off Christmas commercials (Aw, who am I kidding? I fast-foward THROUGH Christmas commercials. I heart Tivo the very most.). And it's not because I'm a Scrooge -- I'm a good ol' Jesus-loving Catholic. We LOVE Christmas. Christmas is our thing. We just love it at the appropriate time of year.

However this year I was corporately forced to enjoy the Christmas season a whole two weeks before I believe I should have. I blame Starbucks. I blame their pretty red decorations that sprung up out of nowhere.

But most of all, I blame their grande, half syrup, skim, half whip peppermint mocha. It's like drinking Christmas. It's like peppermint crack. I drank my weight in them last year and once I saw those red decorations up this weekend, I knew it had arrived. I've already had 2 this weekend. And I plan on more. And worst of all, I have no remorse. None whatsoever.

So we'll just keep this between us, right? You won't tell anyone that I've prematurely begun Christmas down my gullet, right? Sweet. You're such a pal.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?