Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Getting shafted.

I do enjoy a good medically centered story on MSNBC.com, but I feel that this one, by far, is most intriguing.

Some interesting points I'd like to bring to your attention:

And just to keep the topic rolling:

I signed on to my computer last night to be assailed by a dear nursing classmate of mine sending me an instant message that read:

"I grabbed some old guy's scrotum today..... by mistake, of course."

Of COURSE, by mistake. I'd hope she wasn't aiming. And more importantly, I'd hope she was wearing gloves. My next inquiry was as to exactly where this alleged molestation took place -- Wegman's? The bathroom in the college library? A dark parking lot? No, you'll be relieved to know that the gent was far too mentally removed from the situation to really appreciate the gesture and indeed, didn't even notice the tug. It all occured within the safe and cozy confines of a temporary-stay mental hospital. (The real explaination was: a diaper change gone horribly awry. Word to the wise: don't reach behind an old dude to grab anything unless you're prepared to grab anything.)

(Sidebar: Ah, while *I'm* not yet in my psych rotation collecting wonderfully horrid stories, my friends are and I am able to tap into their ever-growing wealth of anecdotes. That is if a woman who refuses to remove her shower cap, or a man found at Dulles Airport trying to buy an international ticket whilist he was attired in safety goggles, shin guards and a hospital gown, can be considered a trival, cocktail-party anecdote. And if it is, then I want to be invited to that cocktail party. )

I totally love my job.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?