Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Homeward Bound

Last night was a big night for me. In addition to the weather being more agreeable, humidity-wise, than it had been in a while, I accomplished a sizable personal goal. Yes, I actually did my first 5 mile run. That last half mile sure did hurt, but it was totally worth it.

But let's hold our applause. Because I have to double this distance in about 6 weeks for the 10-miler, I decided to sign up for a 10K (6.2 miles) in my dear, sweet, quaint hometown of Charlottesville as incentive to push my training and up my mileage. I'm looking forward to the familiar geography and some friendly, familar faces.

Personally, I think I might spend the entire 6.2 mile run figuring out what I'll have at Bodo's, but really, that's silly. I always know what I'm going to have a Bodo's. I've been ordering the same thing since the 8th grade.

Would anyone mind just crossing their fingers for a moment for me, though?

Comments:
I am SO, SO impressed with your progress. Seriously!! I remember when we first started talking about running and you were like "you'll have to tell me what 5 miles feels like!" and you've beaten me to it!! You're doing so great, I'm so excited for you :) :) Someday, you and I are doing a marathon together ;p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?